Nicol Scales & Measurement, founded in 1931 and recognized as one of “The Best & Brightest” companies to work for in Dallas, is looking for a full-time Sr. Calibration Technician to join our growing calibration services team! The Sr. Calibration Technician focuses on the calibration of physical and dimensional, AC/DC, pressure, torque, mass, force, and volume measurement devices in the field and within our calibration lab as well as mentor trainees in the disciplines of calibration.
• Independently calibrate dimensional, mechanical, electronic, pressure, torque, and temperature instruments and devices
• Adapt to multiple work environments – including both Laboratory and Industrial settings
• Work in a quality-focused ISO structured environment.
• Collect and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation.
• Comprehend and execute calibration work instructions.
• Train entry level calibration Technicians
Our Ideal Applicant:
• Calibration Experience within an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Quality System
• Work experience or training at PMEL/TMDE School(s) or Lab(s)
• MOS Code 94H, 6492, 2871, NEC AT-6673, or AFSC 2P0X1
• Broad range of calibration experience with metrology devices
• Proficiency in spreadsheets (Excel) and Lab/QC data collection products
• Understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Calibration Technician (CCT)
• 4-6 years of instrument/measurement devices calibration experience
• Military PMEL/TMDE training or equivalent technical training/experience
• Possess a valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Pass pre-employment, random and annual drug and background checks
• Capable of lifting 50lbs with no physical limitations of your hands, back, or legs
• Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collection devices
• Strong communication & customer service skills
• High attention to detail
• Basic math skills
• Capable of meeting testing requirements of company, customers, and regulatory agencies.
Perks of Joining Nicol Scales & Measurement:
• Competitive pay packages for experienced, hourly pay range from $25-plus per hour coupled with bonuses and benefits including matching 401K program.
• You will join a growing company that values employees and offers excellent benefits.
• Vehicle provided upon completion of training, as required for field calibrations.
• Education and Training reimbursement program
• Year-round company activities including cook-off/baking competitions, charity drives, employee appreciation breakfasts/lunches and fun holiday parties!