At Nicol Scales & Measurement “Service” is not just a Department, it’s a state of mind. Our Service Department is built on the foundation of offering outstanding customer service with every customer interaction. We offer repair and maintenance services for scales, weighing equipment, force measurement equipment, materials testing systems and a variety of other measurement devices.
Force Measurement and Materials Testing Equipment Repair
Nicol Scales & Measurement provides on-site and in-house repair services for force measurement and materials testing equipment from Chatillon, Lloyd Instruments, Shimpo, Shimadzu and other leading brands as well. We have factory trained technicians who understand how these intricate testing systems are used and who can troubleshoot and repair them quickly and efficiently.
What makes us different from the manufacturers and other repair companies?
- Knowledge of the software or firmware used to control these systems Once the repair is complete, we can thoroughly test the testing system to ensure that everything is working correctly.
- Expertise on how materials testing systems work. Our technicians can recommend ways to improve your testing programs or suggest different accessories that may provide better data.
- Our labor rates and turn around times are more reasonable than the original manufacturer’s labor rates. They are in business to make systems, and we are in business to sell and service systems.
- Genuine factory parts in stock or available to ship quickly.
- In-house and on-site repair services for your convenience.
- ISO 17025 accredited calibration capabilities for load cells, force gauges, test stands and accessories like extensometers and temperature chambers.
- Replacement testing system options available if repairing an older system is not cost effective.
Please allow 1 business day for a representative from Nicol Scales & Measurement to contact you. If your need is urgent, or if it’s after normal business hours, please call our local branch for service.
- (800) 225-8181 will call the branch nearest you.
- Austin - (512) 312-9220
- Dallas – (214) 428-8181
- Houston – (281) 445-9021
- Fort Worth – (214) 428-8181
Nicol Scales & Measurement offers in-house repair and ISO 17025 calibration services to anyone in the United States. Any of the products typically serviced at a customer’s location can be repaired or calibrated in one of our in-house labs as well.
Our turn around times and prices can’t be matched by other distributors or even by the original manufacturers. We honor the manufacturer’s warranty locally on most of the products that we sell plus you save time on the warranty repair by shipping the product to us rather than the manufacturer. If you can ship it, we can service it.
Why are we able to offer fast turn around times at such good prices?
- Dedicated in-house technicians who specialize in repair and calibrations.
- Over $250,000 worth of authentic replacement parts in inventory.
- Avoid trip and travel charges to your site by shipping your equipment to NSM
- Pick up and delivery services available in the Dallas and Houston areas
We can also expedite the turn around time if you need the repair or equipment done in a certain amount of time.
Please send the form to:
Nicol Scales & Measurement
7239 Envoy Court
Dallas, TX 75247
Attn: In-House Repair
Nicol Scales & Measurement prides ourselves on having the best service team in Texas and the Southwest, and we understand how important your weighing equipment is to your business. We offer 24/7/365 on-site repair services at your location and in-house repair services at our locations. From micro balances to truck scales and everything in between, we can get you up and running quickly and efficiently. We can repair, install and re-locate most brands and models of scales and weighing equipment.
Here is what separates NSM from other repair and calibration companies:
- Safety focused team with historically one of the lowest EMR ratings in the industry
- $6,000,000 of liability insurance
- Team of factory trained and certified technicians licensed by the State of Texas Department of Weights and Measures
- ISO 17025 accredited
- Manufacturing partner’s warranties honored (when equipment is purchased through NSM)
- 24/7 emergency service available
- Compliant with the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Legal for Trade scale requirements
- Flat-rate rental scale (if available) while yours is being repaired
- Documented, in-house training program which challenges our technicians constantly to improve and to stay current with the newest technology in the industry
- Represent over 30 manufacturers which gives us access to their factory training and support and authentic replacement parts
- Three heavy-duty test trucks for heavy industrial scale repair and calibration
- Over $250,000 worth of authentic replacement parts in stock
- Estimates provided for all repairs. If you decide that repair doesn’t make sense, we carry a variety of new scale and weighing products in stock for quick replacement.
- In-house repair service available
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour trained Technicians with an OSHA Accredited Trainer on staff
Request a Virtual Appoiment
24/7 Emergency Service
We know that weighing and measurement equipment is critical to your process. Therefore, when your equipment goes down, your business is down.
That’s why Nicol Scales & Measurement offers 24/7 emergency service and repair. While our normal Service Department hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 – 4:30, we have technicians on call 365 days a year.
If it is an emergency, you will be directed to provide your contact information to our service representative on call. You will receive a call back as quickly as possible so that we may determine the quickest and most efficient way to assist you.
If it is a non-emergency, simply provide your information in our After Hours voicemail at 800-225-8181, and you will be contacted first thing the following business day.