Application:Explosion Proof/Intrinsically Safe Weighing
Fairbanks 2800 Series Intrinsically Safe Instrument
SAFE AND INNOVATIVE
Fairbanks Scales is always working to bring you new products that will improve your weighing operations and boost your bottom line. After extensive research and development, we are pleased to offer the versatile and reliable 2800 Series instrument. These rugged and economical indicators are designed to handle a variety of hazardous applications and feature the world’s best digital load cell communication technology. The 2800 Series instrument combines the digital advantages of Fairbanks exclusive Intalogix Technology with a state-of-the-art, intrinsically safe design to achieve ultimate weighing performance in today’s hazardous environments.
THE POWER OF INTALOGIX TECHNOLOGY
What makes the 2800 Series Instrument so unique among Fairbanks products is the combination of its intrinsically safe design, full Factory Mutual rating and Intalogix Technology capabilities. Intalogix, Fairbanks’ innovative digital technology for load cell communication, offers superior load cell diagnostics, quick and easy mV calibration, error messages and programmable zero shift.
WHY YOU NEED A 2800 SERIES
Let’s face it, bad things happen to good people. Because we live in an imperfect world, load cells are finite devices with limited life cycles, and they do fail. When load cells fail, they cause major errors which cost your business time (down time), money (lost production) and possibly reputation damage (degraded product quality or incorrect product manufacturing). With the 2800 Series, these issues are virtually eliminated. The 2800 notifies the operator immediately when serious problems occur and helps the technician quickly locate, diagnose and correct the problem.
- The fastest and easiest calibration system on today’s market. There’s no need to drain tanks or hoppers or hang test weights when replacing a load cell . Simply install the cell and enter its output specifications into the 2800. Downtime is virtually eliminated!
- Features weight to gallon conversion.
- The 2800 is equipped with dual displays — a seven segment liquid crystal display (LCD) for communicating weight data; and a secondary 16 character alphanumeric LCD for operator prompts and messages.
- Programmable Zero Band Error helps eliminate the possibility of an operator unintentionally masking an error or “zeroing” the error off.Up to eight setpoints (relays) can be enabled using the 2800’s Setpoint Accessory Box. Four modes of setpoint operation are standard on the instrument: setpoint mode; check weigh mode; batch mode and auto batch mode.
- Relay control buttons are located on the front of the instrument in a large, bright yellow, easy-to-read design.
- The 2800 is also front panel programmable. Target weights are quick and easy to change as your processes change throughout the day.
- Peak Hold function allows the greatest net weight value to be held in memory until the Clear key is pressed.
- Features a passive Smart high resolution 4 to 20 mA analog output with resolution of up to 65536 (16 bits).
|Display resolution||10,000 divisions for commercial|
30,000 divisions for non-commercial
|Units||lb, oz, g, kg, ton, lb-oz, weight-to-gallon conversion (field programmable)|
|Auto zero tracking||Programmable|
|Keypad||Full numeric with tactile feedback|
|Pushbutton zero range||2% or 100%|
|Pushbutton keys||Tare, auto tare, zero, print, gross/net mode, units selection, enter, program, scroll, start, start, trim, I.D. (six characters)|
|Weight display||1.25in high, seven segment, six digit, Liquid Crystal Display (five digits with minus sign)|
|Secondary display||0.38in x 0.191in, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display|
|Display update rate||Programmable 0.1 to 0.8 seconds|
|Graduation size||0.0002 to 50 in increments of 1, 2 and 5|
|Load cells||Up to 16 load cells|
|Enclosure||304 Stainless steel, NEMA 4X|
|Data protection||100% retention of all stored data by EEPROM|
|Over/Accept/Under||Annunciator displays within one division size of predetermined weight range|
|Humidity|| 0 to 100%|
Suitable for washdown
|Recharge warning||Displays when battery is within 80-90% of total discharge|
|Low battery warning||Displays when instrument will no longer operate without safe area recharging (95-98% discharge)|
|Approvals||NTEP CC# 01-009, Factory Mutual|
|2800IS Instrument-21234||IS Intrinsically Safe Indicator|