Nicol Scales & Measurement, founded in 1931 and recently recognized as “The 2019 Best & Brightest Workplace” is expanding its South/Central Texas operations based in Austin, Texas.
Nicol Scales & Measurement is looking for a Territory Sales Representative to join our team to focus on the sales and promotion of its products and services. Our sales team maintains a competitive edge over competitors with our industry leading suite of advanced measurement equipment and support services desired in manufacturing, production, quality and R&D.
Our sales team successfully closes business within a broad scope of industries including: Food & Beverage; Electronic; Bio-Medical; Aggregate; Medical Device; Pharmaceutical; Aerospace; Waste; Recycling; Manufacturing of all types.
What are you Going to Do?
Our Territory Sales Representative will sell and promote Metrology Calibration Services, Industrial Scale Equipment, Measurement Test Equipment, Repair Services and EasyCal Support Agreements.
- Regularly make sales calls to prospective customers and current customers
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to sell products and services
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner
- Follow-up on all leads provided through company marketing programs
- Effectively prospecting, maintaining an opportunity pipeline, and forecasting revenue
- Introduce and demonstrate new products and services
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company.
You would be Leading the Pack for the Position if you have:
- A successful track record of calling on Engineers, Quality Managers, Plant Managers
- Experience selling B2B in the Austin, San Antonio or Central Texas region
- Product knowledge of Industrial Scales, Force/Material Test Equipment, Controls and/or Measurement devices
- Experience in selling and/or knowledge of Metrology Calibration services
- Are skilled in selling any type of Scientific measurement devices or services
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to sales
- A passion to be organized and do not get overwhelmed when in multi-tasking mode
- Completion of a Formal Sales training program
Things you must have:
- Education: (options)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or Industrial Engineering
- Associates Degree with successful sales experience
- Do not have all the education requirements but check all the boxes we are looking for.
- Experience: (options)
- 3 plus years of experience in outside sales of Industrial Eq, Measurement Eq or Industrial Scales
- 3 plus years outside selling experience of Industrial or Scientific maintenance or support agreements
- Clean driving record
- Must be capable of passing pre-employment, random and annual drug and background checks
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. with no physical limitations of your hands, back, or legs
- Proficient use of computers, able to speak and write clearly with attention to detail
What our team members can expect:
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay based on experience and an extensive benefits package including vacation, sick and personal time off. We provide medical, dental, life and long term care benefits along with a 401k plan with company matching. Nicol Scales & Measurement is dedicated to the well being of its employees, offering a workplace that promotes safety, integrity and most of all, respect for its employees. Come be part of our team.
What you can expect in return for your hard work?
Base plus commission, vehicle allowance and comprehensive benefits package. First year comp package range: $55,000 to $70,000
Please email resume and salary requirements to Ted Tobolka at firstname.lastname@example.org.