Nicol Scales & Measurement, founded in 1931 and recognized as one of “The Best & Brightest Workplaces in Texas,” is looking for our next great employees in our Dallas and Houston Branches! Come join our Calibration services team that has grown over 250% in the past three years. We are looking for an experienced Metrology Calibration Technician to perform calibrations on all types of measurement equipment used in production, quality control, laboratory and manufacturing environments.
About the Position:
The Metrology Calibration Technician focuses on the calibration of all types of Physical and Dimensional, AC/DC, Pressure, Torque, Mass, Force and Volume measurement devices. Technicians perform calibrations both in the field and within our calibration lab.
Ideal applicants are expected to:
• Independently calibrate dimensional, mechanical and electronic instruments and devices
• Capable of performing calibration to customers’ requirements, assuring Customer Satisfaction
• Handle multiple work environments – adapting to both Laboratory and Industrial environments
• Work in an ISO structured environment where quality is the focus
• Collect, compile and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
• Understand and follow calibration work instructions
Experience that sets you apart from other applicants:
• Experience with an ISO 17025 Quality System
• Work experience or training at PMEL/TMDE School(s) or Lab(s)
• MOS Code 94H, 6492, 2871, NEC AT-6673 or AFSC 2P0X1
• Calibration Experience with industry devices, specifically Temperature and Pressure
• Proficiency in Spreadsheets (Excel) and Lab/QC data collection products
• Ability to understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Calibration Technician (CCT)
• Attention to Detail
• Military PMEL/TMDE training or equivalent technical training/experience
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3-6 years of experience in performing calibration of Instrument/Measurement devices
• Must have clean driving record
• Must be pass pre-employment requirements such as drug screening and background checks
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. repetitively
• No physical limitations of your hands, back or legs
• Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collecting devices
• Ability to speak & write clearly with basic math skills
Company Commitment to Employees
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay based on experience and extensive benefits package including vacation, sick time and personal time off. We provide medical, dental, life and long-term care benefits along with a 401k plan with company matching. Nicol Scales & Measurement is dedicated to the well-being of its employees, offering a workplace that promotes safety, integrity and most of all, respect for its’ employees. Come be part of our team!
Marketing leading wages based on Experience that includes Monthly Production bonus + Comprehensive Benefits Plan
All inquiries will be kept confidential.