Nicol Scales & Measurement, founded in 1931 and recently recognized as one of 2019’s Best & Brightest Workplaces in Dallas, is looking for our next great employee in our Dallas Branch!
Our business continues to grow, so we are looking for a Metrology Calibration Technician to join our Metrology Calibration team that provides calibration services on all types of measurement equipment/instruments used in production, quality control, laboratory and manufacturing environments.
About the Position:
The Metrology Calibration Technician focuses on the calibration of all types of Physical and Dimensional, AC/DC, Pressure, Torque, Mass, Force and Volume measurement devices. Technicians perform calibrations both in the field and within our calibration lab.
Ideal applicants are expected to:
- Independently calibrate all types of dimensional, mechanical and electronic instruments and devices
- Calibrate devices across multiple disciplines including dimensional, pressure, torque, temp, etc
- Handle multiple work environments – adapting to both Laboratory and Industrial environments
- Work in an ISO structured environment where quality is the focus
- Collect, compile, and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
- Understand and follow calibration work instructions
Experience that sets you apart from other applicants:
- Experience with an ISO 17025 Quality System
- Work experience, or training at PMEL/TMDE School(s) or Lab(s)
- MOS Code 94H, 6492, 2871, NEC AT-6673, or AFSC 2P0X1
- Calibration Experience with industry devices, specifically Temperature and Pressure
- Proficiency in Spreadsheets (Excel) and Lab/QC data collection products
- Ability to understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Calibration Technician (CCT)
- Attention to Detail
- Military PMEL/TMDE training or equivalent technical training/experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of experience in performing calibration of Instrument/Measurement devices
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be capable of passing pre-employment requirements, such as: drug screening and background checks
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. repetitively
- No physical limitations of your hands, back, or legs
- Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collecting devices
- Ability to speak and write clearly
- Basic math skills
- Capable of successfully passing all testing requirements of company and required regulatory agencies
Company Commitment to Employees
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay based on experience and extensive benefits package including vacation, sick time and personal time off. We provide medical, dental, life and long-term care benefits along with a 401k plan with company matching. Nicol Scales & Measurement is dedicated to the well-being of its employees, offering a workplace that promotes safety, integrity and, most of all, respect for its employees. Come be part of our team.
$21 – 25 per hour based on Experience + Production bonus + Comprehensive Benefits Plan = Great Package
All inquiries will be kept confidential.