Nicol Scales & Measurement, founded in 1931 and recently recognized as a 2019 Best & Brightest Workplace in Dallas is looking for the next great employee in our Dallas Branch!
Our business continues to grow, so we are looking for a Metrology Calibration Technician to join our team providing calibration services on all types of measurement equipment/instruments used in production, quality control, laboratory and manufacturing environments.
About the Position:
The Metrology Calibration Technician focuses on the calibration of all types of Physical Dimensioning, Electrical Instruments, Flow, Pressure, Torque, Force, Volume and Speed Measurement devices. Technicians perform calibrations both in the field and within our calibrations lab.
- Independently calibrate all types of dimensional, mechanical and electronic instruments and devices.
- Calibrate devices across multiple disciplines including dimensional, pressure, torque, electronic, speed, temp, etc.
- Handle multiple work environments – adapting to both Laboratory and Industrial environments
- Work in an ISO structured environment where quality is the focus
- Collect, compile, and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
- Understand and follow calibration work instructions
Experience that sets you apart from other applicants:
- Worked within an ISO 17025 Quality System
- Work experience, training at PMEL Lab or MOS Code 94H Test, Measurement specialist
- Calibration Experience with industry devices specifically Temperature and Pressure
- Proficiency in Spreadsheets (Excel) and Lab/QC data collection products
- Ability to understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Technical training in calibration processes or Military PMEL training
- Associate Degree or equivalent calibration work experience
- 3-6 years of experience in performing calibration of Instrument/Measurement devices
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be capable of passing pre-employment checks (drug and background)
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- No physical limitations of your hands, back, or legs
- Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collecting devices
- Speak and write clearly with attention to detail
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Capable of successfully passing all testing requirements of company and required regulatory agencies
Company Commitment to Employees:
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay based on experience and extensive benefits package including vacation, sick and personal time off. We provide medical, dental, life and long term care benefits along with a 401k plan with company matching. Nicol Scales & Measurement is dedicated to the well being of its employees, offering a workplace that promotes safety, integrity and, most of all, respect for its’ employees. Come be part of our team.
$20 plus per hour based on Experience + Production bonus + Comprehensive Benefits Plan = Great Package
All inquiries will be kept confidential. Please email resume and desired hourly wage to Ted Tobolka at firstname.lastname@example.org.