Nicol Scales & Measurement, founded in 1931 and recently recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Workplaces in Dallas, TX, is looking for its next great employee in our Dallas Corporate Office!
Even in these tough economic times, our business continues to grow, so we are looking for a seasoned AR/Collections Administrator to join our customer support and accounting team. This position supports the efforts of our sales and service groups that provide metrology calibrations and repair for all types of measurement equipment used in production, quality control, laboratory and manufacturing environments.
About the Position:
The position facilitates a wide range of Accounts Receivables activities including corporate office collections, oversight of branch office collections, weekly AR reporting, management of eProcurement/eInvoicing (3rd party) apps and assigned invoicing functions, and other administrative duties related to accounts receivables. Administer month end review of invoicing, assuring timely accurate invoicing to our customers.
- Perform collections for corporate office and other collections as assigned
- Provide bi-weekly review of collections and report issues
- Status customer payment issues with Management Team, including customer issues requiring “Hold Status” preventing new business until account is brought current
- Issue monthly account statements and collection demand letters as required
- Handle assigned key accounts or projects collections management as requested
- Manage collection notes in company operating software, flagging accounts with special instructions required to process payments within the terms of the account
- Provide timely notification to salesperson that customer payment delinquencies will affect commissions
- Collaborate with Administrative team to effectively source correct customer contacts and assist in the collections process.
Customer Invoicing and Oversite eProcurement & eInvoicing Apps:
- Complete Corporate office customer Invoicing of Equipment and others as assigned
- Coordinate all inputting of information in eProcurement/eInvoicing (3rd party) Apps (i.e. Ariba and other like services)
- Daily monitoring and execution of customer’s 3rd Party App requests including coordination of purchase requests, purchase orders, shipping instructions and inputting invoices for payment
- Report to company the cost of facilitating 3rd Party activities
- Maintain current list of customers requiring 3rd party company usage
- Process all customer Credit Applications, gathering data to assist in Credit decisions.
- Maintain all Credit Application files
Monthly Closing Functions:
- Execute month end review of invoicing, correct as needed as well as verifying the status of all equipment purchased for a customer but not invoiced.
- Review end of month reports and present issues to Management Team
Experience that sets you apart from other applicants:
- Multi-tasker that enjoys a fast-past work setting
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Proven ability to manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong background executing successful collections
- Experience handling customer relations as part of collections process
- Experience in B2B collections
- Familiarity with business PO’s and Invoicing software usage
- Strong time management and fanatical about details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to quickly learn new software packages
∙ High School Diploma or GED
∙ Minimum of 5 years of verifiable work experience in AR/Collections
∙ Detail oriented person, with strengths in working with numbers and attention to detail
∙ Speak and write clearly with attention to detail
∙ Proficient in data entry (verifiable speed/accuracy)
∙ Must be capable of passing employment checks (drug and background)
∙ Able to lift 25 lbs.
Company Commitment to Employees:
Nicol Scales & Measurement is dedicated to the well-being of its employees; offering a workplace that promotes safety, integrity and most of all, respect for its’ employees. Come be part of our team.
About the Position Benefits and Perks:
∙ Full Time position, 40 hours per week
∙ Complete Training Program
∙ Health Insurance with Health Savings Plan (90% Paid by Employer)
∙ Dental Insurance
∙ Life Insurance
∙ Long Term Care Insurance
Perks that come joining our Team:
∙ 401K with company matching contribution
∙ Paid Holidays, Sick Pay and Vacations
∙ Yearly Apparel allowance
∙ Educational Reimbursement
∙ Working for a stable company, in operation since 1931
Hourly range $20 per hour
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.