At Nicol Scales & Measurement we know that one size does not fit all. Our goal is to offer the most flexible calibration capabilities in the industry, therefore we are consistently expanding our calibration capabilities.
Flexible Calibration Capabilities
Flexible Calibration Capabilities
- Pick-up and delivery service – Instead of repairing or calibrating your equipment in your facility, we can arrange for pick-up and delivery service. Tell our team when to pick up your equipment from a designated place on your loading dock. We will pick it up, calibrate it and bring it back to you. Once we drop it off, we will call you to let you know it is back.
- Flexible Scheduling – We can send a Technician to your facility after hours when less of your staff is there to do your repair or calibrations. In some cases this can be done at regular rates as we are shifting our crews to work different hours depending upon demand.
- Staggered Equipment Cycles – If you have a large amount of equipment that requires calibration or repair that we normally service on-site, we can stagger the pick-up and delivery of the items into lots so that you are never without the equipment that you use daily. For example, if you have 75 items that require calibration but you use them regularly, we can pick them up the first lot of 25, calibrate that lot and pick up the second lot when we return the first lot.
- Virtual Appointments – We offer “FaceTime” or similar video chat to help troubleshoot issues before we dispatch a Technician, therefore limiting interaction.
Embedded Calibration Services
Nicol Scales & Measurement offers embedded calibration services to ease your calibration burden. NSM has partnerships in place with customers enabling us to manage all calibration needs from documentation to asset management while ensuring all calibration cycles are met. Programs begin with one embedded technician performing calibration and can grow to multiple technicians performing all calibration, repair, asset management, documentation and procurement for customers. Each embedded calibration program is customized specifically for the customer, and the benefits to embedded calibrations are numerous including the following:
- Fixed calibration costs may be budgeted for multiple years
- No need to recruit, hire and train calibration personnel
- No HR or employee benefit costs for the customer
- No costs related to buying, maintaining or re-certifying calibration standards
- Single source calibrations eliminate all guess work and confusion for customer
- Customers dictate when items are calibrated and how often, maximizing efficiency
Request a Calibration
Force Measurement & Material Testing Calibration
You truly do get what you pay for! Beware of third party calibration companies that offer calibrations on force and material testing systems like those made by Chatillon, Lloyd Instruments and Shimadzu if they are not authorized distributors for these brands.
Most companies offering calibration services on these systems can merely verify a load cell and can’t actually perform a calibration to bring the load cell back into tolerance if it is found to be out of tolerance. It is common for these types of systems to have a password protected calibration process, and only factory trained and certified calibration providers are given these passwords. This occurs because once you are in the calibration mode on these systems, all safety features are disabled so damage can occur to the system, and injuries may occur to people doing the calibrations.
When in doubt, ask for a letter from the manufacturer stating that the calibration provider is factory trained.
Click here for a sample letter.
When you choose Nicol Scales & Measurement as your force and material testing calibration provider, you always receive the following:
- Calibration of load cells in tension and compression
- Verification of crosshead speed
- Verification of machine’s displacement or extension
- Upgrade of firmware (on certain, firmware driven machines)
- Software support while on-site
- Assistance with test scripts and recommendations for improving testing
- Diagnostic tests to ensure that systems are running per manufacturer’s specifications
- Lubrication of moving parts, if necessary
- Access to original, factory made replacement parts
Nicol Scales & Measurement offers in-house ISO 17025 calibration services to anyone in the United States. Any of the products typically serviced at the customer’s location can be calibrated in one of our in-house labs as well. If you can ship it, we can calibrate it for less than most on-site calibrations. Our in Lab capabilities are consistently expanding as we add more standards and extend our scope of Accreditation. Our turn around times and prices can’t be matched by other calibration providers or even by the original manufacturers.
Why are we able to offer fast turn around times at such good prices?
- Dedicated in-house technicians who specialize in calibrations.
- Avoid trip and travel charges to your site by shipping your equipment to NSM
- Pick up and delivery services available in the Dallas and Houston areas
We can also expedite the turn around time if you need the repair or equipment done in a certain amount of time. Please fill out this form and send it with your items to one of the locations listed below:
Nicol Scales & Measurement – Dallas
7239 Envoy Court
Dallas, TX 75247
Attn: In-House Calibration
Nicol Scales & Measurement – Houston
15800 West Hardy Road Suite 500
Houston, TX 77060
Attn: In-House Calibration
If your quality system demands on-site calibration or your equipment is too large or sensitive to be transported to our lab, Nicol Scales & Measurement offers on-site calibration services. We know that you need access to your testing and measurement equipment at specific times, so we will set an appointment and arrive at a time that is convenient for your schedule even if that is overnight or on a weekend. We offer one-time calibrations and money-saving calibration agreements to meet your specific calibration schedule.
Safety is our Top Priority:
When we send one of our calibration professionals to a customer’s site, we make safety our top priority. NSM has been prequalified and verified for Quality, Safety, and Sustainability with multiple compliance verification companies including ISNet, Browz, PSC, SMI and many more. We also offer:
- $6,000,000 of liability insurance per occurrence which is among the highest in the industry.
- We historically have the lowest EMR (Experience Modification Rating) in the industry.
- Minimum of 20 hours of documented safety training per calibration technician per year.
Mobile Calibration Standards:
NSM has calibration standards carefully packaged for transport to customer sites across North America and Puerto Rico.
NSM has two teams of qualified technicians to support our Scales Division and Metrology Division of Calibration. We utilize rugged transit cases to protect these standards both during travel and during the onsite.
- 4 heavy duty test trucks that are able to carry enough test weights to calibrate truck, rail and tanks and hoppers
- High accuracy, calibration grade load cells for force calibrations up to 100,000 lbs
- ISO 17025 Accredited Calibrations of Electrical / General Purpose, Power, Torque, Pressure, Temperature, Dimensional, Hardness testers and Tension and Compression Testing
- Dedicated Metrology Technicians with an average of 10-15 years of experience
Third Party Calibrations
Want to use Nicol Scales & Measurement as a single source calibration provider, but some of your equipment falls outside of our calibration scope? No problem, we have a solution.
No calibration provider can possibly calibrate everything themselves. Therefore, NSM has formed third party partnerships with ISO 17025 accredited labs around the United States enabling us to offer calibration services on equipment that we currently can’t calibrate ourselves. This allows customers to get the high quality, accredited calibrations that they need without having to use multiple calibration providers. Here is how it works:
- If we determine that we can’t calibrate some of your equipment, we will let you know and suggest we use a partner lab.
- We will send you their ISO 17025 accreditation and scope of calibrations to review and approve.
- Calibration by our third party partner may be done at their facility or on-site at your facility if necessary.
- NSM handles all paperwork, documentation and billing so we are still your single source provider.
- We will coordinate all necessary site visits and shipping arrangements to ensure that your equipment is calibrated quickly and correctly.
Request a Virtual Appoiment
Lost Revenue Calculator
Be confident that your scale is showing accurate weight every time it measures a product. Delaying scale maintenance can cost your business thousands of dollars every year.
Just change the following numbers to reflect your business, and see what a difference it can make!
|$1.00||- Average loss per weighing|
|$50.00||- Lost per day|
|$18,250.00||- Lost per year|
At Nicol Scales & Measurement quality and safety are our top priorities. We earned our ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation for our Dallas and Houston branches in 2000. We pride ourselves on an industry leading EMR (Experience Modification Rating), $6,000,000 of liability insurance and third party safety and regulatory certifications from multiple independent agencies. We welcome customer audits to review our documented safety training program or our quality system.