At Nicol Scales & Measurement we know that one size does not fit all; our goal is to offer the most flexible calibration capabilities in the industry.
Flexible Calibration Capabilities
Flexible Calibration Capabilities
If your quality system demands on-site calibration or your equipment is too large or sensitive to be transported to our lab, Nicol Scales & Measurement offers on-site calibration services. We know that you need access to your testing and measurement equipment at specific times, so we will set an appointment and arrive at a time that is convenient for your schedule even if that is overnight or on a weekend. We offer one-time calibrations and money-saving calibration agreements to meet your equipments specific calibration schedule.
Safety is our Top Priority:
When we send one of our calibration professionals to a customer’s site, we make safety our top priority. NSM has been prequalified and verified for Quality, Safety, and Sustainability with multiple compliance verification companies including ISNet, Browz, PSC, SMI and many more. We also offer:
- $6,000,000 of liability insurance per occurance which is among the highest in the industry.
- We historically have the lowest EMR (Experience Modification Rating) in the industry.
- Minimum of 20 hours of documented safety training per calibration technician per year.
Mobile Calibration Standards:
NSM has calibration standards carefully packaged for transport to customer sites all across North America and Puerto Rico. These standards include:
- 3 heavy duty test trucks carrying enough test weights to calibrate truck, rail and tank scales.
- High accuracy, calibration grade load cells for force calibrations up to 100,000 lbs.
- Gauge blocks for dimensional, height and thickness gauges.
- Plus many more.
Request a Calibration
Nicol Scales & Measurement offers in-house ISO 17025 calibration services to anyone in the United States. We can calibrate any of the products that we typically service at the customer’s location in one of our in-house calibration labs as well. If you can ship it, we can calibrate it for less than most on-site calibrations. Our turn around times and prices can’t be matched by other calibration providers or even by the original manufacturers.
Why are we able to offer fast turn around times at such good prices?
- We have in-house technicians that specialize in calibrations.
- When you send your equipment to NSM for ISO 17025 calibration, you avoid trip and travel charges to your site.
- The calibration standards are already set up in our labs; therefore it takes less time to perform a calibration in-house, and we charge less.
- Pick up and delivery services are available in the Dallas and Houston areas.
We can also expedite the turn around time if you need the repair or equipment done in a certain amount of time. Please fill out this form and send it with your items to one of the locations listed below:
Nicol Scales & Measurement – Dallas
7239 Envoy Court
Dallas, TX 75247
Attn: In-House Calibration
Nicol Scales & Measurement – Houston
15800 West Hardy Road Suite 500
Houston, TX 77060
Attn: In-House Calibration
Embedded Calibration Services
Nicol Scales & Measurement offers embedded calibration services to ease your calibration burden. NSM has partnerships in place with customers enabling us to manage all of their calibration needs from documentation to asset management and ensuring all calibration cycles are met. Programs start at one embedded technician performing calibration and can grow to multiple technicians performing all calibration, repair, asset management, documentation and procurement for customers. Each embedded calibration program is customized specifically for the customer, and the benefits to embedded calibrations are numerous including:
- Fixed calibration costs may be budgeted for multiple years.
- No need to recruit, hire and train calibration personnel.
- No HR or employee benefit costs for the customer.
- No costs related to buying, maintaining or re-certifying calibration standards.
- Single source calibrations eliminate all guess work and confusion for customer.
- Customer can dictate when items are calibrated and how often so efficiency is maximized.
Third Party Calibrations
Want to use Nicol Scales & Measurement as a single source calibration provider, but some of your equipment falls outside of our calibration scope? No problem, we have a solution. No calibration provider can possibly calibrate everything themselves. Therefore, NSM has formed third party partnerships with ISO 17025 accredited labs around the US that enable us to offer calibration services on equipment that we currently can’t calibrate ourselves. This allows customers to get the high quality, accredited calibrations that they need without having to use multiple calibration providers. Here is how it works:
- If we determine that we can’t calibrate some of your equipment, we will let you know and suggest we use a partner lab.
- We will send you their ISO 17025 accreditation and scope of calibrations to review and approve.
- Calibration by our third party partner may be done at their facility and returned or on-site at your facility if necessary.
- NSM handles all paperwork, documentation and billing so we are still your single source provider.
- We will coordinate all necessary site visits and shipping arrangements to ensure that your equipment is calibrated quickly and correctly.
Force Measurement & Material Testing Calibration
You truly do get what you pay for! Beware of third party calibration companies that offer calibrations on force and material testing systems like those made by Chatillon, Lloyd Instruments and Shimadzu if they are not authorized distributors for these brands. Most calibration companies offering calibration services on these systems can merely verify a load cell and can’t actually perform a calibration to bring the load cell back into tolerance if it is found to be out of tolerance. It is common for these types of systems to have a password protected calibration process, and only factory trained and certified calibration providers are given these passwords. This is because once you are in the calibration mode on these systems, all safety features are disabled so damage can occur to the system, and injuries may occur to people doing the calibrations.
When in doubt, ask for a letter from the manufacturer stating that the calibration provider is factory trained.
Click here for a sample letter.
When you choose Nicol Scales & Measurement as your force and material testing calibration provider, you always get:
- Calibration of load cells in tension and compression.
- Verification of crosshead speed.
- Verification of machine’s displacement or extension.
- Upgrade of firmware (on certain, firmware driven machines).
- Software support while on-site.
- Assistance with test scripts and recommendations for improving testing.
- Diagnostic tests to ensure that systems are running per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Lubrication of moving parts, if necessary.
- Access to original, factory made replacement parts.
Lost Revenue Calculator
Be confident that your scale is showing accurate weight every time it measures a product. Delaying scale maintenance can cost your business thousands of dollars every year.
Just change the following numbers to reflect your business, and see what a difference it can make!
|$1.00||- Average loss per weighing|
|$50.00||- Lost per day|
|$18,250.00||- Lost per year|
At Nicol Scales & Measurement quality and safety are our top priorities. We earned our ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation for our Dallas and Houston branches in 2000. We pride ourselves on an industry leading EMR (Experience Modification Rating), $6,000,000 of liability insurance and third party safety and regulatory certifications from multiple independent agencies. We welcome customer audits to review our documented safety training program or our quality system.