Jewelry / Gold & Silver Scale Compliance
Does your Jewelry Scale comply with the State of Texas Department of Agriculture’s Weights and Measures registration and usage requirements?
- Legal for Trade Scale must be a NTEP Class II or III approved scale (Marked on Scale).
- Scale Accuracy Verified and Placed in Service for Legal for Trade Use by a Licensed State of Texas Scale Service company.
- Scale Registered for use with the State of Texas Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures.
Why worry about scales not meeting the State of Texas registration requirements?
- Fines and Scales Removed from Service.
- Failure to comply with State of Texas registration and usage requirements will result in hundreds of dollars in fines and potential tagging of scale out of service.
Nicol Scales & Measurement can help meet all the Texas Department of Agriculture’s registration/usage requirements and save you money.
- Legal for Trade Jewelry Scales starting at just $375 – Stocked locally, and price includes a Certificate of Calibration and Calibration Sticker.
- Fixed Rate Service for verifying Accuracy and Place in Service starting as low as $75 – Locally dispatched State Licensed Service Technicians will verify accuracy of scale, place in service with State as required and review compliance requirements of the Texas Department of Agriculture..
- Low Cost Calibration Agreements – Ensure you are not giving money away with incorrect weights by having your scale checked using precision calibration weights. We call you every year to schedule the visit! Optional Online Calibration Certificate Retrieval Service.