At Nicol Scales & Measurement quality and safety are our top priorities. We earned our ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation for our Dallas and Houston branches in 2000. We pride ourselves on an industry leading EMR (Experience Modification Rating), $6,000,000 of liability insurance and third party safety and regulatory certifications from multiple independent agencies. We welcome customer audits to review our documented safety training program or our quality system.
SAM (System for Award Management) Certification
Nicol Scales & Measurement is registered on numerous state and city government purchasing websites including SAM, the System for Award Management for the US Federal Government.
SAM is an official website of the U.S. government and was created to consolidate the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. We are a SAM certified entity under “Nicol Scales, L.P.”
In addition, we monitor FedBizOpps for bid opportunities, but in some cases we are able to utilize government purchasing contracts already in place to avoid the bid process for products and services we offer.
According to the Office of the US Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, being registered in the System for Award Management database means that:
- The contractor has entered all mandatory information, including the DUNS number or the DUNS+4 number, and Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) code into the SAM database; and
- The contractor has completed the Core Data, Assertions, Representations and Certification, and Points of Contact sections of the registration in the SAM database;
- The Government has validated all mandatory data fields, to include validation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The Contractor will be required to provide consent for TIN validation to the Government as part of the registration process; and
- The Government has marked the record “Active”.
In our industry it’s a matter of life and death. Period. Nicol Scales & Measurement is serious about safety. How safe is your current measurement service and calibration provider? You can rest assured that when we are on site at your location, safety is one of our primary goals.
- The Lowest EMR (Experience Modification Rating) in the industry – an amazing 0.80!
- A documented training program accredited by SMI, ISNetworld, BROWZ and PICS.
- $6,000,000 of liability insurance.
- Our Technicians carry most common types of protective gear in their trucks.
Nicol Scales & Measurement is a Supplier/Contractor Member of the following 3rd party organizations who provide clients with the ability to set parameters regarding the qualifications of Suppliers/Contractors providing services on their projects. These organizations collect information from Supplier/Contractors to verify that the requirements set for Safety, Quality, Insurance, Regulatory, Accreditations, Licenses, etc. are met.
NSM’s basic company profile information is submitted and centralized to be provided to all clients of these sites. Individual requirements become more standardized, and compliance is much more easily achieved.
Nicol Scales & Measurement earned our ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation in 2000. Our Dallas and Houston branches are accredited by Perry Johnson Laboratories. Perry Johnson was granted international recognition status on May 21, 2009 when they were accepted as an APLAC and ILAC MRA signatory for their calibration program.
Nicol Scales & Measurement is constantly updating our scope of calibrations and verification. If you don’t see your items in this list, please give us a call. If we can’t calibrate it, we will find someone who can.
Request a Calibration
Lost Revenue Calculator
Be confident that your scale is showing accurate weight every time it measures a product. Delaying scale maintenance can cost your business thousands of dollars every year.
Just change the following numbers to reflect your business, and see what a difference it can make!
|$1.00||- Average loss per weighing|
|$50.00||- Lost per day|
|$18,250.00||- Lost per year|
Please allow 1 business day for a representative from Nicol Scales & Measurement to contact you. If your need is urgent, or if it’s after normal business hours, please call our local branch for service.
- (800) 225-8181 will call the branch nearest you.
- Dallas – (214) 428-8181
- Houston – (281) 445-9021
- Fort Worth – (214) 428-8181